Thursday, September 8, 2011

First night in Finland

Hey all, its 9 AM here in Finland. I just woke up from spending my first night in a hostel. It was actually a pretty good experience, and everyone in my room is awesome (one German, one Russian, three Belgians, a Canadian, and a French guy).

Yesterday all my flights ran on time! For one of the flights I sat next to a professional volleyball player. She was going to Finland to play for one of the teams over here. At one point over the Atlantic Ocean we had some really bad turbulence, worse than anything I had ever experienced. It would have been impossible to walk on the plane, and it was somewhat like a roller coaster except you didn't know what direction the plane was going to lurch.

Here's my first view of Europe as we landed in Copenhagen: 

My hostel is located in the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki:

And last night guess what I ate for dinner? Reindeer, a Finnish specialty!
That's it for now, folks. I think I'm going to spend the day exploring Helsinki.

No comments:

Post a Comment